Featured Cranberry Stain Pressed Glass Pitcher - Need an ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 7, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me with the cranberry or ruby stain pitcher. It stands about 5 3/4" tall. The 2 1/2" base seems a bit small for this pitcher but it seems stable enough. I've been through Weatherman and Florence's books, Google Images, chataboutdg and every Google search I could come up with a search term for but still can't turn it up. Glass appears to be of pretty good quality. The staining reminds me of Tiffin or Indiana Glass's Kings Crown but searching those manufacturers didn't turn up a match either. I keep thinking I should know this. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
    Don

IMG_20180406_112906962.jpg

TallCakes, yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Tiffin 15380 Williamsburg c1950s; Indiana has a similar pattern called Monticello.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Tallcakes! At least I was on the right track this time.
    Don

4. Lobabephoto

Lobabephoto New Member

I have the same pitcher and can’t find an exact name...I looked under the result stated above, but brings me back to you?

i need help and judy like this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Why don't you think it's Tiffin's Williamsburg pattern?
    Don

Lucille.b and i need help like this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

not sure where you may have looked, but "R" has the pitcher in different colors and it shows up on google searches as well...

the 15308 would be a U.S. Glass number, it's also sometimes listed as #308

https://www.replacements.com/search/?query=williamsburg+pitcher&facets=fdDBa8IwFMfxf0V+5whuw0tuOhjstoMXEQnPNNGMNJUkiqX0fzc1BVvqdn7fvPchuwYRfMFQgDfQ4Dj7qrjIKGJ9VkLdSEYwKHBNNqiWwabmJzezTWrS9Pex4dA3DBX4rnmEn74OkWxqJPiSIYBHf0kJgb/3R6+Drm33LZuQSu2Fo/JPztqTK/51bIzWxs2/UihNkOReit4GoumL17YTBWFKOipRq+CqjOs29rbvbjZbXclYOtjRb+W7T+RWhcz6GLMWA1bXdJD9HQ==

edit: noting this is an older post it's interesting to see that by adding the 3rd 'like' to the initial post makes this now a featured thread...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Lucille.b and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted