Featured Cranberry Stain Sugar and Creamer with Shallow Rose Cut

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 7, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies - A cream and sugar this time. Each about 2 3/4" tall. The glass is a kind of stacked ring design and the flowers and leaves appear to be a shallow cut. Searched the usual depression glass books and sites but couldn't turn these up. Glass seems a bit wavy in spots. Any help on an ID would be much appreciated. Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
    Don

IMG_20180406_113158458.jpg IMG_20180406_113243342.jpg IMG_20180406_113204933.jpg IMG_20180406_113249010.jpg

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Tallcakes! This is all new information for me. It is most appreciated.
    Don

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Based on what Tallcakes posted, I'm going to speculate that the decor was done by a decorating company vs by the manufacturer.

Here is a Kent coffee pot in all over cranberry that chataboutdg notes was probably sold with a matching sugar & cream made by either Anchor Hocking or Bartlett Collins Glass. FWIW, my first thought at your C&S was Bartlett Collins.

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=16899&mode=search

I did a little more research and here is a Bartlett-Collins cream & sugar with handpainted decor with the same shape as yours

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=16864

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you for your research, msgood2shoe. I think it's the stacked rings that separate the pair I have from the Bartlett-Collins pair. At least I can't see the rings in the photo provided. Otherwise, I agree, the shapes are identical.
    Don

6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the assumptions noted at chatabout seem somewhat conjecture. Hard to find too much about Kent but from what I see with original packaging indicated Kent Products Co. of Chicago as mfg. and the patent holder for the pot only list the inventor as Harry Wolper. So while it may be that Kent had their glass made my others, as the patent holder they would be the recognized maker.

7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I was thinking that maybe a jobber had bought the Kent Coffee pots from them, and cream & sugars from another company and then decorated them to sell as a set, but it's possible that Kent either produced or had someone else produce all the glass for them and decorated it as well. In doing some more googling I have found several different decors, the all over cranberry, as well as stripes in different colors.

Here is a green striped coffee pot with a different shaped cream & sugar.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/87561910/vintage-kent-vacuum-coffee-maker-with?show_sold_out_detail=1

Draft saved Draft deleted