Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Creamy color bone? with faux coral necklace
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="IvaPan, post: 9429621, member: 78949"]Thank you, Any, for the exhaustive and informative answer!</p><p>If I interpret it right, the beads are Indian but the crafter can be from anywhere.</p><p>Isn't Faturan one of the Bakelite family? Can it be tested with oven cleaner as regular Bakelite?</p><p>Never have had Faturan beads although know that it is quite cherished in the Middle East.</p><p>P.S. I don't quite get the term "fashion necklace" - maybe it is a matter of my insufficient English - which fashion? Here in BG this necklace type is not fashionable, there are myriads of bone necklaces for sale here and none is anything similar to this one. Probably somewhere it is and I would like to know where, if it is possible.</p><p><br /></p><p>B.t.w. here in local sites there are listings that claim to be genuine "forbidden material" which I highly doubt judging by the photos.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="IvaPan, post: 9429621, member: 78949"]Thank you, Any, for the exhaustive and informative answer! If I interpret it right, the beads are Indian but the crafter can be from anywhere. Isn't Faturan one of the Bakelite family? Can it be tested with oven cleaner as regular Bakelite? Never have had Faturan beads although know that it is quite cherished in the Middle East. P.S. I don't quite get the term "fashion necklace" - maybe it is a matter of my insufficient English - which fashion? Here in BG this necklace type is not fashionable, there are myriads of bone necklaces for sale here and none is anything similar to this one. Probably somewhere it is and I would like to know where, if it is possible. B.t.w. here in local sites there are listings that claim to be genuine "forbidden material" which I highly doubt judging by the photos.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Creamy color bone? with faux coral necklace
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...