Crystal champagne flutes?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Feb 12, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These stems are 6 5/8" & are 2 1/8" across the top. They hold 4 ounces when filled to the rim. They have the diamond cut band & have cut panels around the bowl. They are not marked. I looked at Replacements but struck out. Hopefully someone else will have better luck.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss:

2. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Do they have much wear on the bottom as if they were very old? It's a pattern (fine cut diamonds and flutes) I run across pretty often when I look at photos of old glass, so it's been around a while. Here's an example that even has a similar stem treatment ... found here: http://delomosne.co.uk/index.php/product-category/rummers/
    [​IMG]

3. bercrystal

They do have a ring of wear around the edge of the foot. That rummer really does look like the same pattern. Thanks for the suggestion!!

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Probably not champagne flutes, but parfaits. Would have sat in a saucer.

5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. quirkygirl

If truly a Georgian glass, it could be for ale.

7. TallCakes

4 ounces for ale????

8. quirkygirl

9. quirkygirl

Too small for me ;)
    but I was thinking 19th century ... still too small?

10. TallCakes

the size and volume seem more like fluted champagne to me tho' many modern flutes are very tall.

quirkygirl likes this.
  11. bercrystal

Probably not champagne flutes, but parfaits. Would have sat in a saucer.

I considered a parfait, but the diameter of the bowl was so small it would be difficult to get a spoon all the way in to get all the goodies. However I think I may use both terms in my title to hopefully grab the attention of a buyer. :happy::happy:

Funny story regarding the above comment. Years ago we went out to dinner with several other couples & several of us ordered a mousse for dessert. I can't remember the flavor but I do remember it was so delicious we refused to share with those who ordered something else to the point of threatening them with utensils should they try to help themselves. ;):eek::D:D Unfortunately we were unable to get the last bite or 2 because it was so narrow it would not let the bowl of the spoon go all the way to the bottom. :(:( Then I came up with the brilliant idea of using the spoon handle to get those last couple of morsels. :hungry::hungry::hungry: I might add that there also was a couple of empty wine bottles hanging around our table by the time we were eating dessert. ;):eek::rolleyes::p:D

this is closest I see at "R". I think the UNKNOWN is the same as the Bristol pattern and has a better image to compare. (multiple IDs happen at "R"; I think it's due to a large organization with inadequate checks)

I agree that they really do appear to be the same pattern. :oops::oops: I am also going to try to remember the term crosshatching for the next time I encounter something with this type pattern.

Thank you all for your input!!! :kiss::kiss:

Draft saved Draft deleted