Crystal/Glass Nude Serving Pieces-Wedding gift in the 1930's

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grateful, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

An older (than me) cousin is downsizing & moving across country. She has these two pieces that were given to her parents as a wedding gift in the 1930's. She doesn't know whether to keep these or have them put on her estate sale. I do not live near her and cannot look at these personally. I have asked her to look them over carefully for any possible hallmark/signature etched in them. I also asked her to try to determine if they are crystal or glass. They've been packed away for decades.

Has anyone on here seen something similar or otherwise familiar with them? And, how would someone describe these? I'm not sure if I'd call these nudes or something else. As always, your help is most appreciated!

Kathy 2.JPG

Kathy 1.JPG

2. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

These look like Bayel Crystal from France, it’s very similar.

DizzyDaff likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe Cambridge #3011?
    Should add Compote Forest Green

DizzyDaff and bercrystal like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

"tazza" might be a word to search.

5. i need help

6. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

7. i need help

Maybe she can check the height?
    Should be 8”.

Grateful likes this.
  8. Grateful

9. Grateful

I asked her to check that. Haven't heard back. I think they are lovely and she should keep (or give to a cousin!!)

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This pattern was produced from 1931 to 1958. I have not checked in a long time but the Cambridge nudes use to be very highly sought after.

11. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Called Cambridge Statuesque.

12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

13. i need help

14. Grateful

Thank you to everyone for your help. I simply LOVE this little gem of a site. Have a great evening...

Draft saved Draft deleted