Featured Crystal Hurricane Lamp help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Malkim62, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Malkim62

Malkim62 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some information on this electric lamp. We can't find a mark anywhere. I don't have measurements but the horrible pic with it on a plant stand shows what a beast it is. Thanks you for any help at all.

Dale

prisms1.jpg prisms2.jpg prisms3.jpg prisms4.jpg prisms5.jpg prisms6.jpg prisms7.jpg

Figtree3, judy and bercrystal like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a marriage of different pieces.......:wacky::wacky:

3. Malkim62

I thought so too. But I've seen a few similar ones on another site.

judy likes this.
  4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Looks old and original to me. Doesn't look cobbled together, do all the wire attachments look like they are the same and the same old age?
    If I had to choose a style, I would select: far-pre-HollywoodRegency-trying-to-look-way-more-modern. I do think it's got some age to it.

Figtree3, Msalicia and Malkim62 like this.
  5. Malkim62

Thank you for the help. Yes, all the wiring is the same and probably original. Thanks again.

Dale

6. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

Did you take the top piece (including metal) off? It may have had a wick b4. If when converted to electric that would explain the base metal and top metal looking mismatched. All the crystal looks to be the same pattern to me, but I’m no expert on cut crystal. I can say I have seen many oil lamps converted tho. Did you try google lens for a pattern match? Or maybe someone here can point you in the direction of a site for cut crystal patterns. All I know about that would be Replacements.com for designs.

Figtree3 and Malkim62 like this.
  7. Malkim62

Thanks for your input. Didn't notice the different metal sections. I'm not with the lamp, but I'll have someone check about a wick. Haven't tried Google lens yet. Thank you for all the great ideas.

Dale

Draft saved Draft deleted