Crystal Pitcher - Help Identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mayra Acosta, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Found this beautiful pitcher and I’ve looked in replacements and can’t seem to find anything like it. Any help would be amazing!! 41C19E8C-293A-4C04-A466-6AC823EA8F14.jpeg 78272F2F-19F2-4654-902A-A1B5992002E4.jpeg

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Size? Others will want to know!!

Mayra Acosta likes this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

It appears to be cut glass, not pressed, the handle dates it to after 1875, when the style of handle changed. Being cut limits its (size of) production, may not have been large quantities of it manufactured. It may not be able to be identified.

Mayra Acosta likes this.
  4. Mayra Acosta

It’s 11 1/2” tall to the top of the handle.

5. Mayra Acosta

Wow! Thank you for all of that. I figured it would be hard to but it’s such a lovely piece!

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

7. Mayra Acosta

Maybe those are reproductions of vintage pieces which is what it looks like. This piece I got from a collectors house, she had American Brilliant, Turkish Glass, Fenton, St. Louis Crystal and some pieces like this with no marking. I think it’s unlikely but not impossible

8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I don't think a modern reproduction valued at less than $5 would have an applied handle. IDK, but it looks vintage to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted