Cup and Saucer age/country please?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by paulsspangle, Oct 30, 2015.

1. paulsspangle

paulsspangle Member

I recently bought the most gorgeous cup and saucer but have no idea where it came from or how old it is so I wondered if you guys could help please.

It's gently embossed at the top. The flowers inside the cup are beautifully executed and can be felt so I believe they are hand painted and, as you can see, the handle is exquisite.

The saucer is reasonably but not hugely deep and there is no indent to it.

On the back there is merely the number 3 above the number 265, in small, neat gold numerals.

Has anyone any ideas please? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I found others with this shape identified as Coalport. I did a google image search with your last photo.

komokwa and paulsspangle like this.
  3. paulsspangle

paulsspangle Member

Thank you very much Janet. I'll have a search of Coalport straight after dinner!

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

dgbjwc and Jen and George like this.
  5. paulsspangle

paulsspangle Member

Thank you so very much. I've just found the one which mentions the 10th pattern book myself.

komokwa likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I can't help with the meaning of 10th pattern book. Just wanted to say how beautiful these are!

Draft saved Draft deleted