Cut crystal stems for ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, May 26, 2014.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I have 2 cut crystal stems for ID.

The shorter one is 6 ¼” tall, 3 ½” across the top rim, and about 2 7/8” across the foot. The other is 8 3/8” tall, 2 ½” across the slightly flared top rim, and about 2 3/8” across the bottom.

[​IMG]

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Are you sure it's cut and not molded? Perhaps it's just the photo, but I'm not seeing sharp edges.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Definitely cut.

On the taller, near the top, the crystal is cut with a laurel ring. Below that, the bowl has 18 cut panels. The cut stem is hexagonal. The underside of the foot is cut with a 24-point star.

On the shorter, the crystal is cut with 4 horizontal lines above a line of tiny thumbprints. Below that, the bowl has a broad diamond-cut band. Stem and foot are undecorated.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I've never seen either one

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Well there's probably about a billion different patterns out there. The question is a long shot.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I like the tall one and I thought I posted yesterday (?) that I can see it filled with a creme de menthe parfait. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted