Czech Black Cut Glass Perfume Bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Jun 6, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got this cool little perfume bottle at an estate sale recently. It was just tossed in a random junk drawer type box of stuff. I thought it looked interesting but knew nothing about it. Bought it for about twenty cents. Handful of little stuff and was quoted $1 on all of it. Turns out it is most likely 1930s which is a bit older than I had guessed. No clue on who made it other than that it’s Czech. Was considering selling it possibly. Unfortunately the stopper is broken off and stuck in the bottle. I’m sure this detracts quite a bit from the value. What would be a good price to start this at? I’m in no rush to sell it as I kind of like it. I would want to get the high end of it’s value or nothing. I was thinking $25-$50 somewhere. Being my first perfume bottle maybe you guys can help me. Am I way off price wise? Worth more for any reason? Less because of the broken stopper? Assuming no one can pinpoint the maker? Thanks

Edited for mistake and to add photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

You might be surprised what some of the members can pinpoint on this site!!!! Getting the broken stopper out might be the tricky part.....someone will have suggestions on that too.....in due time someone will be along.....

WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, J Dagger too!!!!!

J Dagger and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I'm afraid you are not likely to get that much for this bottle, especially in its present condition. If you can get the stuck stopper out & find a appropriate replacement stopper you might get towards the lower end of your estimate.

You can try spraying the bottle down with some Greased Lightning, 409 or some other type of spray cleaner. That will get rid of the crud & it may unstuck the stopper. If not, try pouring some alcohol in around the stopper. The stopper most likely got frozen due to perfume residue & when someone try to remove it the stopper broke off.

judy, Any Jewelry, komokwa and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted