Czech? Necklace Opaque Red Glass

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by wenna, Feb 14, 2020.

1. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

This is another of the necklaces from the same lot. Does need some repair work (missing one long bead) but I think I can work something out. I love the color of the red beads and the rectangular cabochon (and it is Valentines Day after all). Is it possible to identify place of origin and approximate time frame of manufacture? I will check again for marks, none found after a quick look. The focal piece is approx 1 3/4" X 1 1/4". Total wearing length about 16" (maybe 14", I'll have to measure again later). The red rhinestones look a little odd to me but they don't appear to be replacements. Thanks as always for your thoughts! Necklace red.JPG Necklace red focal.JPG Necklace red clasp.JPG Necklace red beads.JPG Necklace red focal verso_2.jpg

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Czech between the wars again, I think.

wenna likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if this isn't new made with older parts. The metal on the connecting pieces and the bead caps are all shiny, but the pendant has had the cwap worn out of it. That might be new too and out to fool us. Then again some Czech pieces from the 30s were stashed in warehouses and only once Communism fell did anyone dig them out. The backs on those are often unfinished, and this one looks ... odd. Those bead caps look more 1978 than 1938.

wenna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted