Featured Dang, the internet is cruel

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Oct 15, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Saw this posting yesterday, offered to pay the asking price ($15) plus the cost of shipping...Unfortunately they elected to sell to someone local. I can only guess the value in that box since there's only one photo...

ONLINE FLATWARE.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Sorry, Nate, but I don't see a whole lot in that box to begin with and there are at least 6 of those "yellow plastic/celluloid handle" forks - which are NEVER sterling - a salad set with plastic tines and spoon - a fair number of "hollow handle" items which won't yield much even if they are sterling. The few handles I can see do not have pattern designs that I recognize. Shrug your shoulders at the seller's choice and move on. I don't see a big loss there.

MrNate, Any Jewelry and Sandra like this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Yup, i've had that happen before. A nice lot of old photos listed on facebook. I asked if she'd ship and she said yes. She wasn't very computer literate so she didn't have a way to accept online payments, and she actually took the lot to the post office to find out how much it would cost to ship. So I hear back with the price and ask her how she wants to be payed, cashiers check/money order or whatever. She goes silent for a day, then asks me to wait a little more. Apparently someone contacted her locally and she sold it to them instead. She told me she had had buyers flake before so she was scared and went for the safer option...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    MrNate likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I so hate thinking about "the ones that got away" :wideyed:

MrNate and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted