Featured Danish Silver Necklace Marks - Help

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 24, 2020.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Silver.

From a 1930 catalog:
    jensen1930ewelrycatalog-2.JPG jensen1930ewelrycatalog-1.JPG

~Cheryl

judy, Any Jewelry, KSW and 6 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you Debora.

judy, KSW and Bronwen like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks for taking the time to look this up. It's wonderful in Lapis. I've been chewing on toothpicks but my saliva is not as cleansing as yours yet. I have a lot of toothpicks though :kiss:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    judy, KSW, bercrystal and 1 other person like this.
  5. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

judy, KSW, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  6. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Georg Jensen! What a fabulous find!

7. DragonflyWink

Hehe, just nibble, it should still have a good point.

It's been a long day, and I need to eat, will check my books later to see if maybe I can find the date it was designed - honestly, can't even remember which books I have, but I know they're in one of the boxes here at the house (I have too many books)...

~Cheryl

8. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks for the confirmation. I would expect some damage over the last 90-100 years. If not, it wasn't used and loved.

judy, KSW, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Some progress. I will only nibble. :D:D I am jealous about your books. If you have a chance to look, then I would have a potential earliest date, but have a nice dinner and relax.

judy, KSW, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I am so amazed it turned out so well.

judy, KSW and Bronwen like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

AWESOME!!!!!!! AND IT'S LOVELY FOR SURE:hungry::jawdrop::):):singing:!!!!

judy, KSW, KikoBlueEyes and 2 others like this.
  12. DragonflyWink

The books are an addiction, pure and simple - Mom passed it on to my brothers and me. I'm so simple that when I received yet another silver book today, felt a geeky thrill that the least expensive one I found, described as in 'very good' condition, was actually still shrink-wrapped, in mint condition. My books are primarily reference, and so long as they're in reasonably good condition, I'm not really picky, because I use them - but there is distinct pleasure in a beautiful new book. I do have some 'coffee table worthy' books in beautiful condition (the Loring Tiffany books come to mind), but books are meant to be read...

~Cheryl

judy, Any Jewelry, KSW and 3 others like this.
  13. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

That's exactly what we needed to see. I'm with Holly, they're garnets; carnelian would look more orange.

I thought pearls at first, in one picture, but pic in blog made me think solid silver, as it seems to be.

The toothpick nibbling seems worthy of kyratango.

14. KikoBlueEyes

What a lovely addition, especially lasting a lifetime of collection. Congratulations on the new book. I agree a book needs to be fondled and used, otherwise it is simply a paperweight (pun intended.) The revised nibbling is working but will take longer.

Bronwen, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

Good deal. I love garnets. I love carnelian too. Thank you.

Bronwen, judy and KSW like this.
  16. KikoBlueEyes

I'm just amazed. Thank you.

Bronwen, judy and KSW like this.
  17. DragonflyWink

Looked through Drucker's 'Georg Jensen, A Tradition of Splendid Silver' (Rev. 2nd Ed., 2001), and your necklace is shown four times, with lapis, carnelian, green agate and moonstone, garnet is also one of the stones they used. No exact dating, but she states that the numbers are usually chronological, with some anomolies - so yours should be the 1st necklace, the bracelet the 3rd, the brooch the 71st; she dates your marks 1915-30. The other Jensen books in the box were also by Drucker, one a collection of catalog pages, the other on Jensen USA. There are a few other books on Jensen available, including one on jewelry...

~Cheryl

18. DragonflyWink

This is a Skønvirke brooch I was watching, though sure it would go out of my price range, as it did (thought it might go higher) - it was made by Kay Bojesen (who apprenticed with Jensen), he was probably best known for wonderful wooden toys, like his iconic monkey.

skonvirkebrooch-bojesen.JPG

~Cheryl

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  19. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

What an amazing find Kiko! Well done, it couldn’t have gone to a better home :) .

KikoBlueEyes, Bronwen and judy like this.
  20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Oh Kiko, wow!:jawdrop: What a wonderful find!:happy:
    Another vote for garnets, which complement the silver beautifully.
    He is like the Fabergé of Danish silver, and not just jewellery.:happy:
    Georg Jensen jewellery always speaks to me. Unfortunately those nasty sellers don't speak to my wallet.
    You had to go and post that one, didn't you.:arghh::hilarious:
    That's what I thought.:joyful: Kiko is becoming more and more equiped with the fine tools of jewellery identification and cleaning. She will now hide in a dark closet with nibbled toothpicks.:playful:

Draft saved Draft deleted