Featured Danish Silver Necklace Marks - Help

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I normally believe sources with which I have experience of accuracy before a source I don't know. Where did that chart come from?

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

If you're keeping it & will wear it, polish it to the degree that pleases you. My personal taste is to leave tarnish in a way that brings out the design, usually just hand polishing the high points.

Any Jewelry, kyratango, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Great advice as usual. I don't want a silver blob. I will use @DragonflyWink's catalog post as a guide.

jensen1930ewelrycatalog-2.JPG

kyratango, judy, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& now I understand why there's 103 posts here.........

@KikoBlueEyes .......good eye.....super find..........well done....
    A feather in your cap !!!!!
    Wear it WELL !!!!:happy:

5. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

I found the chart here https://www.jensensilver.com/georg-jensen-hallmarks

Seems pretty authentic, it comes from Jensen's own page, although that seems to give contradictory information.

Bronwen, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

To be clear - the 'jensensilver' site is not Georg Jensen's, it's owned by Soren Jensen (no relation), but it's a fine site (he bought a couple of Danish modernist pieces from me many years ago, seemed quite nice).

My info came from the Drucker book, and the same dating can be found on Soren Jensen's site as well - can't check at the moment, but seem to recall that chart of "Some old hallmarks" appeared in catalogs and/or marketing publications. Should be kept in mind that most makers, especially those who were/are prolific like Jensen, used numerous variants of their marks over the years, and dating by the style of the marks is usually only a guideline, and there can often be some anomalies...

Another basic chart:

jensenmarkschart.jpg

~Cheryl

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I take no credit for this except learning from the many knowledgeable people on this site.

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Is this the "Some old hallmarks" chart on the Jensensilver site you were referring to?
    image-asset.png

image-asset (1).png image-asset (2).png

Bronwen likes this.
  9. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

No (but you should find your dating there) - was referring to the the words "Some old silvermarks" (sorry, was way too early, mistyped 'hallmarks') at the top of this chart:

[​IMG]

~Cheryl

Lucille.b, Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This is when belonging to this forum is truly a wonderful thing!! :happy::happy::happy:

You find something like this, come home all excited & all you get from your family is :meh::meh::meh::meh::meh:. :facepalm::facepalm:

However, if you belong to this forum you find something like this, come home all excited & you get 108 posts with all manner of information & everyone oohing & ahhing. ;) :playful::playful::playful::playful: :D:D:D:D

It is a beautiful necklace & I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Bakersgma, Lucille.b, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I wasn’t sure what part you were referring to.

Bronwen likes this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

I sincerely thank you for all your help on this. None of my friends were in the least bit impressed. Of course, I am thrilled about what I learned about it here and the forum members' enthusiastic and lovely responses. I have been gently cleaning away, bit by bit. I have a special outing planned to introduce it and will have to find the right mask as not to detract from its beauty.

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Ohhhh....Credit where credit is Due !!!!!!;):kiss:

Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted