Dark blue and Gold Vintage stuffed horse

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Double_D, May 28, 2021.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Synthetic plush, I'd think. Velvet-y but with more body.

Debora

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  2. Double_D

Double_D New Member

8 months later. Bumping the thread to the top in hope that a new member might recognize it. The mystery of the dark blue velvet horse still lives on.

3. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but I mess with toys a lot, so this is my opinion only.
    Looks to be a late 50s/early 60s art plush/synthetic *velvet* stuffed animal. To me, he has a 50s sensibility, or even a bit later.

Doesn't look hand made/homemade to me.

He looks to have faded somewhat

There were loads and loads of companies making this type of toy, of all sizes. This one is bigger than normal but I don't think that means much.

You say you see no place where eyes may have been ( Or did I read this bit wrongly?) but it seems to have a place where an eye would have been and looks to be a bit less faded. (Or is this a trick of the camera?)

[​IMG]

You may or may not come across a similar one with a name attached, or it may forever remain a mystery.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted