Featured Dating 2 man cross cut saw

Discussion in 'Tools' started by SeaGoat, May 14, 2016.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I thought it was Rodney Dangerfield.....unless HE got it from Henny Youngman!!!!

scoutshouse and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

No, Henny.
    They all stole from each other and few of them cared for this only elevated the originator.
    Milton Berle often said he stole or was going to steal something, so did George Burns. :)
    ~
    Nice that you 'respected' Rodney enough to credit him. ;)

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

"Take my wife...please." is probably Henny Youngman's most famous line. I'm glad someone else here is old enough to remember. ;)

As far as the post - I saw it before coffee and my brain filtered it as "Dating two men and, by the way, I'm looking for info on a cross cut saw."

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Ha! Who says I am old enough? ;)
    ~
    You may have noticed I have fun with titles sometimes. I don't know why but I managed to restrain myself on that one. ;)

6. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

that's a different forum lol

7. Dknudde

Dknudde New Member

Just bought a 7’5” 2 man crosscut saw at an auction ( will use it on a wall in the log cabin.)
    Was so glad to see this post ( and this forum), I now know it is Champion tooth, unset.
    There are no manufacturers markings so I dont know anything else about it.
    Cant figure out how to post pictures from my iPad or I would with the hopes someone would know more than I do

scoutshouse likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  9. Dknudde

Dknudde New Member

Thank you

scoutshouse likes this.
  10. Steersman

Steersman Well-Known Member

These were normally acid-etched on the blade, often beautifully so. The marks didn't persist long in use, except with extreme care.

OP's saw looks unsharpened, and possibly unused. I'd guess at least a ghost of the etch may exist under the paint. I discovered this myself while cleaning saws up for the (antique) shop. Often the etch will start to show up after a gentle removal of surface rust. Just a little more cleaning, sometimes with fine steel wool, and the etch is gone for good. (I've learned this the hard way.)

11. axelrich

axelrich Active Member

That's interesting.

scoutshouse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted