Dating and Pattern of a L. E. Smith Glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Roger67, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

Hi all, I have looked for this pattern and having no luck. I guess it is a candle holder. With a sticker l. e. Smith. And is it a recent piece? IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1036.JPG I seen one almost like it but not the same. TIA for all you do.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    KingofThings likes this.
  3. Jen and George

Jen and George Well-Known Member

It's a fairly recent piece I think. I have seen it called Glacial Glass and also Ice Pattern.

KingofThings and antidiem like this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This is the bottom portion of their No. 7333 Fjord lamp. It was made in 1977 & 1978. It originally came with a clear glass hurricane shade.

If you do not mind me asking, whereabouts do you live? The reason I ask is I got one of these on a table lot a while back, but was never able to sell it so I sent it out the door. It was also missing the hurricane shade & the label on the bottom.
    Peggy

*crs* and KingofThings like this.
  5. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Just a quick note. L. E. Smith Glass abruptly closed July, 2014.
    That is one I had visited in the late 90s. So I followed news about its bankruptcy problem.
    Someone bought it.
    They never reopened it.
    Someone was selling their leftover stock. Send them the money and they will NEVER deliver the item.
    ETC., etc., etc.

Warning here! Maybe they're haunted. :sorry:
    Found 100 more or less sites named LE Smith Glass and some like, L. E. Smith Glass co. history - but clicking on history site did nothing more than bringing me right back where I was.
    In Binning it just now, twice NORTON popped up on my screen saying they blocked it because it had malicious virus.

Let us know if you find anything new about them.

6. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

MAJOR TYPO ABOUT L. E. SMITH.
    Bankruptcy closure was 2004, not 2014

Draft saved Draft deleted