Featured Declaration Document

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by smshart, May 6, 2022.

1. smshart

smshart Member

Declaration German.jpg Declaration German 2.jpg Declaration German 3.jpg Declaration German 4.jpg Declaration German 5.jpg Declaration German 6.jpg Declaration German 7.jpg Declaration German 8.jpg Wanting to share this document that's been in our family ever since my late father in law returned to U. S. from being stationed as a MP in Germany at time leading up too and the end of WWII. This is original to my late father in law and we've been told only a very few exist to this day. One other report out there, is at a college library in CA. We have been able to view a microfilmed copy to compare the 2 and verify that yes, this one is authentic. With exception of a couple of spelling differences between a couple of the words in each, ours does not have quite as much deterioration to the pages as that one. Given it's age, it's not surprising deterioration is present at all. Also of note, paper was scarcer and they used what they had on hand hence the difference between color, weight and size used for typing. Also can be seen; there were corrections made as this was typed. Not seeking debate here; A National Museum and others have expressed interest due to the historical significance of what is in this. On the flip side, some do not. Just wanted to share what we perceive as an interesting, yet disturbingly scary document.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Interesting, but chilling.

Aquitaine and smshart like this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

That's an incredible document.
    My dad too was an MP with a political prisoner camp, in Bavaria.

Pat Dennis, Aquitaine and smshart like this.
  4. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Amazing and terrifying.

Aquitaine and smshart like this.
  5. smshart

smshart Member

Yes, very chilling in so many ways. Most reports I have ever seen or heard people saying is that the estimate of total number killed being 6MM, yet this from "someone in the know" states about 10MM. Terrifying.

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Just wanted to share what we perceive as an interesting document.

a wonderful read...........think I'll go vomit now..!:vomit:

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

War is/was SO very brutal...............:(:sorry:

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I didn't even attempt to read the whole thing. Yike. I'm guessing the guy was trying to keep things businesslike, which makes it even scarier. In the midst of it he sends a note telling his wife where to find his pistol. Yike.

ola402 likes this.
  9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he was trying to get himself out of a serious situation by giving up all of this information. He was a coward and a sick F who did nothing while he was part of it.

10. evelyb30

Makes me wonder if we shot him or not. He wasn't worth the price of a bullet, but definitely not worth the price of jugging him. Some of those guys did a year in jail and went home to the wifey... who one hopes went and got that pistol and shot him when he got back.

11. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

I read up on this guy. He died shortly after this confession of sorts, and was strung up on the camp fence. He deserved worse.

12. smshart

smshart Member

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  13. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

In marking this "Liked", it is only because "I Like" the fact that such documents still exist and it should be mandatory to teach the true horrors of war in school and not gloss over what occurred , by any government, in the genocide of people , and that includes the USA ( Native Americans, Philippine American War , Etc.) The fact that the atrocities of war are occurring in the world as I type this show that some have not evolved very far , and the fact that this seems like ancient history to many when it is not is telling that mankind may never evolve much more than we already have . I have been accused of being a pessimist , I myself see myself as a realist , sadly.

14. smshart

smshart Member

Hello Firemandk,
    My sentiment's exactly; history should not be 'glossed over'.

kyratango, Firemandk and stracci like this.
  15. evelyb30

All warts should be on full display, so we know enough to avoid them next time. Maybe.

kyratango, smshart and Firemandk like this.
  16. christinamaria

christinamaria New Member

17. christinamaria

christinamaria New Member

Thank you for publishing this document. I hope we take heed.

smshart likes this.
  18. komokwa

19. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Probably mankind as a collective whole..... no finger pointing at anyone here ( I hope....(Joke)

smshart likes this.
  20. komokwa

I'll point a finger........... Putin .....and his criminal army..

Draft saved Draft deleted