Deco lamp?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Rose Brown, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Rose Brown

Rose Brown New Member

Hi All,
    I have this lamp that I picked up a while ago. I always thought it was very interesting, marriage of Deco and something else I can't quite put my finger on (referring to the base). I've not been able to work it into my decor so time to unload it. I can't find any information on anything that looks remotely like it. Wondering what you all think, looks like it's from the 50s or 60s? Almost looks like gold leaf on the body but probably not. Shall I gift to the Goodwill?

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hello, Rose! I've taken the liberty of reposting your photograph as Full Image so it's easier for everyone to see. (You'll want to make sure to do that in the future.)

Debora

Screenshot_20211016-115659~3.png

judy, pearlsnblume and sabre123 like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Looks like 60s, 70s midcentury to me, not Art Deco.

judy, Rayo56, pearlsnblume and 6 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Yep. Straight 60s for me. The hardware says 60s too.

judy, Rayo56 and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

My Mom had one (actually 2), that was so similar, in the Living Room and that was when I was 10 - 1969. They had the 3 way switch/bulb with the big fabric shade that was white but turned yellow from everybody smoking in the house back then

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    judy likes this.
  6. Rose Brown

Rose Brown New Member

Thanks Debora, I'll have to figure out how to do that. I know I had to crop the picture quite a bit so that the file size would upload.

7. Rose Brown

Rose Brown New Member

Thanks everyone! Yes mid-century modern is what I meant to say. I just think it's kind of cool but I can't figure out how to work it in here.

Draft saved Draft deleted