Featured Decorative Table and Chairs - unable to find any info

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Deep6Six, May 30, 2021.

1. Deep6Six

Deep6Six New Member

Greetings, I recently purchased a nice table/6 chair set at an estate sale in the southern Penn/Eastern WV area and have been left flummoxed on its origin or even as to how old it may be. I've included pictures showing as much detail as possible and the outer border is signed "Ferrari." There are also three leaves that can be inserted into the table's center. I'm grateful for any info anyone can provide.
    IMG_1055.jpg IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Probably 40s-50s. Don't think the table went with the chairs origionally. Table is Duncan Phyfe Mahogany and the paint may have been added later. Chairs are a modified Hitchcock style.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Quick question....do the leaves have the same decoration along the edges, or are they plain?? And just tipping image the correct way here....

IMG_1065.jpg

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Deep6Six

Deep6Six New Member

Thanks for the question! Good point - the two outside leaves have no decoration aside from the same black background with gold borders however the middle leaf has a flower (similar to the other flowers) painted under the varnish.

5. Deep6Six

Deep6Six New Member

Thank you for the info! Since the flowers on the chair and table are almost identical do you think whoever painted the table just grabbed a set of chairs and painted them to match?

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Probably the other way around. Think the paint on the chairs to be original.

Draft saved Draft deleted