Demitasse Cup-Saucer W/Bisque Faces...KPM Royal Berlin??..ID Help?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SPERLS, Feb 10, 2015.

1. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

Cup is 2-1/4" tall..Saucer is 5" Across...Do these belong together??...Marks are similar to the KPM Royal Berlin-Arcadia,that I own???...Very Unreadable..:banghead: IMG_2652.JPG IMG_2655.JPG IMG_2656.JPG IMG_2657.JPG IMG_2653.JPG IMG_2654.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Sorry - I can't help with a manufacturer ID but I think you may have a cigarette cup and ashtray.
    Don

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

Thank You...It is a KPM ashtray & the faces are smoking.

4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The cup is to hold cigarettes. Back when smoking was socially acceptable, many brides received these pretty smoking sets to put on side tables, etc. Your guest could take a cigarette and ahave the matching ashtray to use. Royal Worcester and other major British factories made a ton of these sets mid 20th century. The cigarette holders are often misidentified as posy vases as the sets often become "un-setted" over time.

5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The faces are totally different. I don't think it's a set.

Draft saved Draft deleted