Featured Distinctive pottery cup --horses, figure "Decor Main" and signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Feel like I've seen this type of thing before. Any keywords much appreciated and/or help with the signature. Thanks!

cup1.jpg cup1b.jpg cup2b.jpg cupsiga.jpg cupsig.jpg

kyratango, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The design is based on prehistoric paintings (although looks a bit fanciful.) Décor Main means hand-decorated, of course. And not horses but deer.

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hunters on Namibian rock paintings.

Debora

0029art.jpg

pearlsnblume, kyratango, dude and 2 others like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Lascaux cave (France) painting of elk.

Debora

lascaux_prehistoric_cave_painting_of_elk_canvas-ra6d5196b320545a9a1266ffede819a26_2wqe_8byvr_540.jpg

pearlsnblume, kyratango, dude and 2 others like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Debora and I Need Help! Amazing, that was so quick.

Many thanks! :)

kyratango, judy, dude and 2 others like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think the hunter is inspired by eastern Spanish prehistoric paintings, the deer could be too. They have quite a few of those black figures, and it is not far from Vallauris.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Robert Picault started that whole Vallauris cave painting thing. The other known artist is Andre Guiron, but that isn't his signature.

Draft saved Draft deleted