Featured Do you recognize this hallmark on this modern brooch?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marko, Jul 27, 2019.

1. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Yes, I do love it.

What a perfect jewel of a picture!!

I've tried Strawberry plants, but never get any fruit.

Same with tomatoes. I relented and bought two this year......I have been watching a couple of tomatoes "hatch" and grow. The other day I looked again, and both tomatoes were gone. Not a trace of ever having existed. It makes me wonder what animal got them and left no trace whatsoever!!

kyratango and i need help like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I get beautiful strawberries, but I also get all sorts of insects that will eat one hole in each one.:rolleyes: I have told them to eat one entire berry before going on to the next one, but will they listen?
    I try to be ahead of them, pick the strawberries just before they are ripe and put them on the window sill to ripen, but they don't taste as good.
    Tomatoes do well here too, and rosehips. Chives grow like grass in between the tiles.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    judy, i need help and kyratango like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

My roof garden a couple of years ago. The buildings in the background are all businesses, we live on a business estate. The people who lived here first had a factory in the white building top left.

upload_2019-7-28_21-19-28.jpeg

SBSVC, Marko, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Well....you've certainly got a green thumb. Guess you're not just a pretty face......with intelligence to envy!

"I have told them to eat one entire berry before going on to the next one, but will they listen"?

Like a spoiled child!:cool:

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

What are those gorgeous yellow trumpet flowers?

We grow beautiful vegetables around here.......but unfortunately, I'm not part of the WE crowd.

As long as I have some luck with flowers, I'll let the others grow the tomatoes!~

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I’m patiently waiting for my hot pink humongous hibiscus to bloom........ :(

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Yes they are. Sadly the datura is no longer with us.:( The little bougainvillea survived though.:)
    The terrace is not nearly as nice now, I just didn't have the energy to look after it properly. But the strawberries are producing new shoots like mad, so I have started my gardening again by preparing small pots for the shoots. No thinking involved and lightweight.:)
    I also have to cut away a lot of the plant in the background. It actually grows in the 'garden', downstairs, but the ends of the branches hang over the terrace fence. Very nice and green, but if it has its way, it will be moving into my study next.:playful:
    It has smaller yellow trumpets. I forgot the name, but these are the flowers:

upload_2019-7-29_10-51-48.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Marko, i need help and judy like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

:shame:
    I blame the parents.:pompous:

SBSVC, kyratango and i need help like this.
  10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That's usually the reason!;)

11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I'll be patiently waiting also for the post when it does.

12. kyratango

Loved strawberries from the garden!
    No more gardening since the rascals twins destruct all in it... they even ate the water pump hose and wire:facepalm: play among the ex flower beds, and dig in the pots!
    Your trumpets are bignonia/campsis:)

13. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

These days, I spend my time trying to keep the forest from overtaking the house, so no real garden.

However, the crepe myrtles are in bloom.

IMG_20190729_110457_compress36.jpg

14. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That's beautiful!

I've never heard of them before....had to google.

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  15. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

In the 1930s a wealthy north Florida nursery man donated hundreds/thousands of crepe myrtles to beautify the highway.

Today, I suspect, there are more Tallahassee yards with a crepe myrtle than without.

True even for those of us who live in the wilderness of the next county over. :p

Bronwen, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I had a datura literally appear in my front garden. I ended up removing it, though - they're very poisonous, despite being lovely.

Bronwen, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

:kiss:

Sorry about the damage by the boisterous boys. They wanted to do a spot of gardening, did they?:playful:

judy, kyratango and i need help like this.
  18. i need help

F0B498DB-CAB1-4D12-95B3-80A370863545.jpeg 13FC5BE0-9AD6-4D8B-A046-89B9AFBD1488.jpeg Ohhh look what appeared today! :)

Bronwen, judy, Bakersgma and 4 others like this.
  19. kyratango

20. i need help

Thank you, Kyra! Just the first bloom. It’s a sight when in Full bloom. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted