Does Anybody Recognise This Transfer Printed Chinoiserie Pattern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Jan 21, 2021.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I feel fairly confident that these three pieces are not Chinese but if they are English it is not a pattern that I have seen before. It is very translucent.
    From the style of foot rim and the larger bowl's shape, I think they are mid to late 19th c. Very small with saucer just 11cm dia and cup only 5cm tall.

Any help appreciated as always.

Does anybody recognise it?

John

IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0320.jpg IMG_0321.jpg IMG_0322.jpg

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I would think earlier John but that's just gut feeling ..those deep saucer dishes shaped like that went away before the late 19th didn't they?
    The saucer-dish (from the pic) appears to be flat bottomed with no cup recess -- thinking earlier or old style maker not willing to make new moulds!

3. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted