Featured DOES ANYONE EVER REMEMBER SEEING THESE ADVERTS??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Back in 1956 Mom was thinking about drumming up business whilst contemplating opening a shop (which never really happened until the Eighties!), don't know how/where she came across these, but she wrote to the company about putting them in her "shop" when it opened "in the near future"!! I have several slightly different brochures along with their response to Mom!!

zMiniature Kitchen RangesA.jpg

2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Don’t know anything about them, other than yours look to be in great condition.!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

I/we never actually HAD one (to my knowledge!), just had found the adverts that were sent back to Mom in an envelope!! Much to Mom's dismay, I was NOT a doll loving, girly/girl growing up!!!! We had MANY fights on her wanting me to "just try on this dress for me".....which I am able to laugh about......but it sure as H!*#@!!! wasn't funny THEN!!!!! Pocket/whittlin' knife and boys clothes and I was all set!!! And yes, I eventually grew up:singing::singing::singing::smuggrin::smuggrin::):joyful::jawdrop::jawdrop:

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I imagine the majority of little bakers would have wanted something more up to date. Just looked up "Easy Bake Oven" and apparently they weren't introduced until '63. Still, those adverts in good condition are bound to be of interest to toy collectors.

kyratango, Aquitaine and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Doesn't look familiar to me.
    I wasn't a doll person either, but by G'd I loved my Easy Bake Oven.:p

kyratango, Aquitaine and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Transiberian

Transiberian New Member

Easy Bake Oven? The one that George Costanza played with?:)

7. pearlsnblume

8. Aquitaine

AWWWWW......Cute!!!!!

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

I can not even express how much joy that ez bake oven gave me.
    I saved up all my money to buy it (my allowance) and it was little cakes galore with icing for me and my siblings. I can still remember what the cake mix or icing mix smelled like.
    :p

kyratango likes this.
  10. Mo Bjornestad

Mo Bjornestad Well-Known Member

found this one recently - Minature Stove.jpg

11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have my cast iron stove like Mo's except it hasn't got any of the accessories and even the burner plates are missing. My parents had a second hand store so nearly all of my play things were used and usually missing parts so they couldn't sell it. I still used that stove a lot when I was 6-7. I still have it. Brought it in from the garage and realize it's all dirty & rusty. :(.

IMG_9075.JPG IMG_9076.JPG

Mo Bjornestad and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    My sister had a stove like yours, hers was missing two top burners. I replaced them with two Chinese cash coins (cost was about a nickel). I filled them in with putty and painted them black. They look like they came with the stove. I think your husband could come up something from the locksmith store.
    greg

Mo Bjornestad likes this.
  13. Mo Bjornestad

Mo Bjornestad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted