Featured Does anyone know anything about Eximious Italian ceramics?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Dec 5, 2022.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

A few days ago I asked about an old Worthpoint price for a pair of porcelain Hoopoes made by Eximious Italy. A member kindly told me that they fetched US $ 45

An identical pair turned up at auction today and I bought them for £50

However, in September last year another pair were included in the sale of Sir Timothy Colman’s estate at Sworders for £440 plus premium and were then sold online by a dealer (the price they were offered at was £1,000. I don’t know what they actually sold for). They are very fine and high quality pieces and Sir Timothy was part of the Colman Mustard family and his collection sold for over £200,000

I can’t find anything about this manufacturer. My hoopoes are identical but not the same pair (signatures in different places).

Does anyone know where the factory is and when they were established?

I’d love to know more about them before I list them.

Thanks in advance

John

Attached Files:

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's not the retailer Eximious of London?

3. John Brassey

Good idea. I think you are right. I don't think they are still going but appear to have been a high end business.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

IvaPan likes this.
  5. John Brassey

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

When you mentioned it, a memory went off in my head, so I googled.

John Brassey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted