Does Anyone Know this German Porcelain Mark on Madonna Figurine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Feb 29, 2020.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I thought this was a Hummel Flower Madonna Figurine but I can't find it anywhere. The mark looks like RR on a shield and then an R under a roof (?) and a copyright 1977. Is anyone familiar with this mark? The figurine measures 8" high. TIA!

DSCF5835.jpg DSCF5844.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! With your help I was able to find a sold figurine just like mine. It sold in 2016 for $18. And this came up on one of their other figurines. Gotta love the 70s! A good time for figurines and other collectibles.

1_e7df536b34d312d8493ba6431fbcb339.jpg

4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

I have that figurie, also. Notice that the ones they show mostly say Hummel or Goebel, etc. But, like yours, the baby is sitting on the book, not standing? I think mine is older, but that is interesting to me.

5. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Roman is not a manufacture. They are a distributor. They carry Fontanini, Charming Tales, a lot of religious items including garden figures. They also carry a small line of home decor items.

They would have contracted to have this made for them.

I've purchased wholesale items from them in the past.

7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

@flipper With mine, there is no book, the baby is sitting right on Mary's lap. I guess it's the mark on the bottom you have to go by. Everyone calls the book version a Flower Madonna so I suppose there is such a figurine, but I haven't seen one that I'm aware of. I'll go look over on eb.

@clutteredcloset49 I figured they weren't a manufacturer. Illinois isn't exactly known for its thriving porcelain industry (LOL). It's good to know about them though. Thank you!

8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

@flipper How is your figurine marked? Someone on eboo showed a close up of the flower pattern on the cloak and it's different than the Roman version. But so close that I can see there might be some confusion (except for the mark).

I got this figurine at an estate auction and there were stickers on the bottom claiming that the figurine was German (not Goebel or Hummel) and the lady paid $60.00 for it.

9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted