Does anyone read Russian?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by evelyb30, Mar 4, 2017.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I picked this up today for not a lot of money. It's from the Orthodox church. I snagged it because it's totally in Russian and is dated 1906. There's also a ton of bullion decoration; I'm a sucker. It probably isn't worth a lot more than I paid, but try and find another one as the saying goes. It's colorful on one side with two saint's images, and a black mourning badge on the other. The words are the same on both sides, with the black and silver one being easier to read.

DSCF4171.JPG DSCF4174.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i would have snagged that in a heartbeat..........it's cool......specially now that Russia is controlling the us Gov't !

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  3. evelyb30

Somehow I doubt the Donald and the Orthodox Church have much to say to one another. (LOL)

judy likes this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I doubt it as well - he is MUCH to Protestant - attended Marble Collegiate regularly, and practically worshiped Peale..............

judy likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

What....the same way you doubted he'd win !;)
    you mean like that ?:hilarious::hilarious:

judy likes this.
  6. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

The text reads: Russian Orthodox Brotherhood of St. Apostles Peter and Paul in Hartford, Connecticut
    Founded on Feb.25, 1906
    The last four letters is abbreviation but I do not know what it means.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::muted::muted::muted::muted::muted::muted::muted:

komokwa likes this.
  8. evelyb30

Cool. I'd have figured it came from Chicago, but there is an Orthodox population here. The church I was thinking it could have come from was founded in 1914, so that's out. The mystery continues.

Draft saved Draft deleted