Does anyone recognize this pattern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by angelap, Aug 30, 2019.

1. angelap

angelap New Member

I would like to know who made these glasses, when, and what the pattern is called. If you have any information, I would appreciate the help. They were not labeled and I haven't seen any identifying marks. glass pattern.jpg glass bottom.jpg

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

originally the Madrid pattern my Federal Glass but also reissued as 'Recollection' and reproduced by Indiana Glass as 'Recollection'

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  3. angelap

angelap New Member

@TallCakes I checked Google and I think it is the Indiana Glass reproduction. When you started collecting, did you find that you were drawn to things by a particular glass maker?

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="@angelap, post: 891816, member: 11902"When you started collecting, did you find that you were drawn to things by a particular glass maker?[/QUOTE]

some collect patterns to assemble an exhaustive set, while some collect forms/shapes such as shakers, or sugar or butter dishes, or toothpick holders or goblets. etc... My collection is related to my love of baking, so I collected cake stands to use for all those b'day cakes. I first started with cake stands in general and then focused solely on EAPG. As an architect, I'm fascinated with the many motifs/details created/used in EAPG...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    angelap and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted