Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Does Anyone Recognize this Vintage Glass Tumbler?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="ola402, post: 43901, member: 182"]Thank you (fenton and figtree) . . . I decided to sell them in my mall space after all (although I was sure everyone would say white background because it's brighter). I found some others on ebay that sold for $10 and I just won't pack 7 pieces of glass for that amount. I had a listing for 13 pieces of porcelain and another for 1 enormous silverplate tray that was so heavy, it was hard to clean, polish, even to pick up. But I thought, that's OK, as long as they don't sell on the same day. Well, guess what the rest of the story is? It took me a very long time to pack all that stuff so I guess I'm still smarting from that memory. My nightmares are me taping little pieces of styrofoam around delicate feet that could break off in route . . . shiver, LOL! And I've turned into such a packing pieces freak! At Christmas I gave my sister a pair of these flip flop type slippers she wanted that came packed with this piece of foam around where the thong is. "Don't throw that away!" I used them to cushion the spout of a teapot, just perfect! I suppose we all have stories about how shipping has warped us.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="ola402, post: 43901, member: 182"]Thank you (fenton and figtree) . . . I decided to sell them in my mall space after all (although I was sure everyone would say white background because it's brighter). I found some others on ebay that sold for $10 and I just won't pack 7 pieces of glass for that amount. I had a listing for 13 pieces of porcelain and another for 1 enormous silverplate tray that was so heavy, it was hard to clean, polish, even to pick up. But I thought, that's OK, as long as they don't sell on the same day. Well, guess what the rest of the story is? It took me a very long time to pack all that stuff so I guess I'm still smarting from that memory. My nightmares are me taping little pieces of styrofoam around delicate feet that could break off in route . . . shiver, LOL! And I've turned into such a packing pieces freak! At Christmas I gave my sister a pair of these flip flop type slippers she wanted that came packed with this piece of foam around where the thong is. "Don't throw that away!" I used them to cushion the spout of a teapot, just perfect! I suppose we all have stories about how shipping has warped us.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Does Anyone Recognize this Vintage Glass Tumbler?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...