Does this vintage southwest rug have any value?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by mymysharona43, Sep 1, 2014.

1. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

It was cheap but not sure if it has any value in it's condition. Has several holes, missing fringe and lots of wear
    Thanks for any help!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

It's a kilim, probably Anatolian (Turkish).

mymysharona43 likes this.
  3. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Thank you Anund! Looks like there's not a ton of interest in them and not likely in poor condition, thanks for the help!

4. CBri

CBri Member

You might be surprised. If you are going for a certain effect on a hardwood floor a little hole or two isn't going to hurt. I purchased an old Afghani carpet for my office for that very reason and it looks awesome. Got it for a steal on price because it was so old and had seen better days. Perfect effect.

Looks like there is some sort of fuzz or something on it. A good gentle cleaning might help. If you bought it to resell it might not turn a huge profit but a modest one. If you have owned it and used it yourself, well maybe anything reasonable you can get out of it will do. They also take these older kilims and make them into pillow cases selling the pillows for pretty good prices. Is it a pretty good sized kilim?

tyeldom3 likes this.
  5. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Hi CBri, this is an old post from September of 2014. :)

komokwa likes this.
  6. CBri

CBri Member

Oops! Didn't notice the date. :)

tyeldom3 likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

live and learn....

tyeldom3 likes this.
  8. CBri

CBri Member

That was the worst thing that happened to me today. Winning!

Figtree3 and tyeldom3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted