Double Walled Glass Plate With Birds

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Not sure what are the applied beads made of. Any idea of the maker or country of origin?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

3. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Those plate hangers are considered to be pretty lethal to plates.

4. susie

susie Member

I always cut hangers like this off- they are liable to cut and or crack the edges of the plates. I now use large sticky plaster to mount plates- but not over a radiator or they can peel off.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I use these hangers BUT I Modify them. First I slip tiny tubing over the edges that hold the plate, then I over stretch the springs until there is NO pressure or tension. That way the plate just sits on the bottom hanger which is protected by the tubing. I got my tubing at a pet store that has aquarium supplies.
    greg

6. susie

susie Member

Thats a great idea- but i must admit as soon as i see them they are in the bin!

7. gregsglass

Hi,
    I like them modified since the ground and the walls shake here occasionally and the hangers have enough "jingley" to move around and not fall. Not that we get quakes but a very large airbase nearby has these giant teaching planes that fly very slow and low. Their rumblings cause a lot of movement.
    greg

8. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Greg....Lakehurst?

My Dad flew a plane through the old dirigible hanger there way back when.

9. gregsglass

Hi Don,
    Mcguire Air base moved there a years ago, combining with Ft Dix. These huge gray non decorated or Identing marked planes are so weird, all they do is circle around 5 or 6 times low enough you can see in the windows. A few years ago i was lying on the beach at Sea Isle City and one of the first stealth bombers flew low over the surf, the shadow made it look like Batman's plane. It is strange that they have a tour of the old airship grounds and hanger once or twice a month, however you must be a natural born US citizen to get a pass to go on the grounds and tour. So many people get turned away since they do not have the proper Ids. i took all my
    Zeppilen tickets and fabrick and stuff, the museum wanted me to donate it immediately. lol
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted