Dresden mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kellaurm, Nov 14, 2023.

1. kellaurm

kellaurm Well-Known Member

Does anyone know this Dresden German mark besides the Leonard Vienna? 60E6D7A7-8B10-4385-AF4C-3D15F8C986AA.jpeg C606BC85-1C95-406E-B9BA-87FCD5C7B96F.jpeg

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That is lovely !

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if this wasn't sold blank, and the Dresden isn't the painter's mark.

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. kellaurm

kellaurm Well-Known Member

It comes with a top too. What is Leonard Vienna? A maker or a distributor?

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think Vienna is the location. Leonard apparently was an importer in New York who brought porcelain in from Austria and other places. China painting was a white hot fad around the turn of the 20th century and lots of places imported blanks. I'm no porcelain expert, but that would be my guess.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Well, three humps in the Dresden "n" is different.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The Dresden mark (I don't recognize it) is the decorator's mark. I thought Leonard was a retailer, but the Vienna mark is the manufacturer.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted