Drexel Desk

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Joshua Donahue, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Joshua Donahue

Joshua Donahue New Member

Hey everyone, after coming up relatively empty handed on an online search I figured I would see if anyone in here can help me. Wife got this desk for me from an antique store complete with the slapped on coat of "antique" paint about 2 years ago but now she is wanting to sell it at a consignment place. I know that drexel values jump around a lot from what Ive seen but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this piece and if the consignment price of $150 back to us is fair? Overall condition is decent, no idea how it looks below the paint though.

Attached Files:

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Furniture in general is in a depression. If you can get $150 out of this, I'd do it.

Figtree3, Aquitaine and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Joshua Donahue

Joshua Donahue New Member

Awesome appreciate your time and input! Thats what ill do, just needed to make sure I wasnt leaving money on the table

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Joshua Donahue, I don't know your location but . . . Drexel is still in the furniture manufacturing business.

It wouldn't surprise me if you call them or better yet send them a photo or photos of the piece and you give them any information (writing of codes or dates or name of the piece) that they would be glad to help you out with information.;)

Figtree3, Aquitaine and patd8643 like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2020-10-20_2-53-36.jpeg

@Ghopper1924 .........Hey Bud !! 150 clams....... R U sure..???
    That seems like a lot for what I'm looking at here........even with folks working and schooling from home needing desks...;):wideyed::wideyed:

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Joshua, furniture prices differ widely across the country. As mentioned above, brown wood furniture is very depressed invalue at the moment, although I expect a resurgence soon due to the west coast fires burning down so much wood.

However, in my southern area of the country, I wouldn't be able to get more than about 40$ for this desk in its present condition. If you can score 150$, take the money and run! However, if you are asking how much to consign it for - where are you located?

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

@komokwa :

Exactly my point my friend. 150 clams WOULD be alot, if they can get that for their consignment price. If the O.P. thinks they can get it, then DO IT NOW, i.e. take the money and run!

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

We might be able to get $150.00 for that at our store but might end up discounting it a bit to get it sold. If consigned, the owner would only get half the sale price.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

half the sale price........
    So at $300 smackers .....it'll sit in the shop for a long time ....no ???

James Conrad likes this.
  10. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Has a feeling it would in Charlotte NC, like forever.

komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted