Drexel heritage curio

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Mcchazo, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Mcchazo

Mcchazo New Member

IMG_20160109_114541448-1024x1820.jpg
    Hello, I'm trying to find out information about this piece my great aunt recently passed down to me for our recently bought home.

The back of the piece had a serial number and says "Heirloom by drexel 10/58"

I've been trying to search for an heirloom collection by Drexel but I can't find any information about it.

The only thing I was able to find is an almost identical piece in their Travis court collection seen here ( but mine doesn't have that design at the top part) https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/12971159_drexel-travis-court-mahogany-corner-cabinet

I've attached a picture of the piece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Plenty of furniture brainiacs here!
    Hola, and welcome to the Forums.

Mcchazo likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I would imagine the 10/58 is the date. Basic traditional post-war fare. Much of it is patterned after Hepplewhite/ Duncan Phyfe designs. Much of this is mahogany with hardwoods stained to match but your looks a bit more like walnut. Hard to tell from this pic and they have used shading in their finish which obscures the natural look of the wood quite a bit. No real collector value just reasonable quality used furniture at this point. Drexel used to make pretty good furniture, though their quality has dropped off quite a bit these days.

4. Mcchazo

Mcchazo New Member

Thanks. I forgot to mention , iirc, it also had "mah" stamped on the back for mahogany I assume

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Love the fact its a corner cabinet . That helps when you have a smaller home . Id have bought it ! They aren't going for a lot right now , wich is sad considering its such GOOD furniture .

Mcchazo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted