Dumb Question - Is this size 10 Pelle Pelle leather jacket a woman's or a child's?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, May 11, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this beautiful leather jacket at a thrift store - the trim around the bottom, cuffs & neck is beautiful! (Also the line coming down on each side on the front & the back makes me think of the 80's for some reason (I keep thinking Michael Jackson or Marty MeFly!)- is this jacket that old?

The jacket is too small for a man & I know the size 10 on it is not a man's measurement, but is it a woman's measurement or a child's?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I need to know so I know where to list it to sell.

Thank you all!

CLOTHES A PELLE JACKET RESIZED 1AA.JPG CLOTHES A PELLE JACKET RESIZED 2A_AA.JPG CLOTHES A PELLE JACKET RESIZED 2AA.JPG CLOTHES A PELLE JACKET RESIZED 3AA.JPG CLOTHES A PELLE JACKET RESIZED 5AA.JPG CLOTHES A PELLE JACKET RESIZED 5AAA.JPG

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Dimensions would certainly help, Journey, but I would say woman's. Doesn't really look like a style for a child.

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Pelle Pelle started in the 70s. I'm not positive but I don't think they ever carried a children's line.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That would fit me.:)
    Not my style though.:sorry:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Are the shoulders padded?

pearlsnblume and NewEngland like this.
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Shoulders aren't padded.
    Ok going under women's jackets - thank you!

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

8. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

Size 10 is a woman's size in the UK.

Elen Beattie likes this.
  9. lizjewel

lizjewel Well-Known Member

It appears to be a woman's size 10. But it can also be gender-neutral in a choice of men's and women's sizes, offered new here: Pelle Pelle Black Leather Jacket.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Quick search but... According to the US Patent and Trademark Office, the PELLE PELLE trademark covers men's and boys' clothing. "Men's and boy's wearing apparel made of leather, denim, wool, cotton, linen, nylon, rayon, polyester or other synthetics, or combinations of synthetics or natural and synthetic materials, namely, T-shirts, sweatshirts, tank tops, woven shirts, sweaters, cardigans, vests, jackets, pants, sweatpants, shorts, hats, caps, coats, underwear and clothing belts; women's and girl's wearing apparel made of leather, denim, wool, cotton, linen, nylon, rayon, polyester or other synthetics, or combinations of synthetics or natural and synthetic materials, namely, T-shirts, sweatshirts, tank tops, woven shirts, sweaters, cardigans, vests, jackets, pants, sweatpants, shorts, hats, caps, coats, underwear and clothing belts."

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield

Debora

Lucille.b likes this.
  11. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Debora likes this.
  12. Any Jewelry

US size 10 equals UK size 14, according to my conversion chart.:)

Lucille.b likes this.
  13. lizjewel

Where is the OP's jacket then?
    Men's jackets are usually not number-sized in the teens. Therefore it's either a child's or a woman's jacket.

Figtree3 and Lucille.b like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

It is in the US, so a US size 10.

Lucille.b likes this.
  15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Traditionally, zippers like buttons have gender-based placement. Men's zip on the right and women's on the left.

Debora

Lucille.b and Firemandk like this.
  16. crowleys

crowleys Well-Known Member

Measurements are critical to selling online. Women's US size 10 chest 36.5 in. Boy's US size 10 chest 28.5 in. Most online sellers measure garments flat and chest is "pit to pit," i.e. armpit to armpit.

17. Any Jewelry

I only buy second hand when I have the armpit to armpit measurement.

Figtree3, crowleys and Lucille.b like this.
  18. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Correct : drives me crazy when in the Philippines and looking at really nice, second hand custom made clothing from Hong Kong and the zipper is wrong on an obvious Men's jacket !

19. lizjewel

This jacket appears to have the zipper centered between equal width edges, noticeable first image. I'd say this would make it unis-x then.

Has anyone else noticed that the "...Buchanan" logo under pellepelle is somewhat different? To me it looks like Karen Buchanan. Anyone?

All other logos for Marc Buchanan seem to be in similar font to pellepelle, i e, marc buchanan, all lower case. This is clip from one of OP's images.
    pelle-buchananlabel.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  20. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The side of the zipper's pull tab determines left or right.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted