Featured Dunbar Depression Glass Vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Jun 19, 2021.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

CAA3E917-CAB9-41F1-8A79-44731ECB2C42.jpeg
    8499B9D0-472B-47CE-AA2B-CD2FAEC50452.jpeg AED335D9-FB6A-4885-A84E-BEE5E1EAC7E1.jpeg
    Hi!
    Was thinking this kind of looked like one of their pieces. I have two that match. Anyone think I’m right? Approx 8.5” tall
    Thank you for the help.

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I have ever seen that type of mouth/rim on Dunbar but hopefully Cherryhill will see this. I have had some beautiful vases with similar type of bulbous (?) or bun base that were Czech or at least Continental. Polished off the pontil.

judy, gauntlettgems and Bronwen like this.
  3. gauntlettgems

judy likes this.
  4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Don't expect me to know it all, Tallcakes will tell you there is too much to know for one person to know it all.

It certainly could be Dunbar, it's the kind of glass they made.

On the other hand, Dunbar, made glass toward the end of the depression period but it was hand made, not machine made, therefore not Depression glass. It was a shade more elegant than that, with opalescence and hand formed top rims.

5. gauntlettgems

I found a similar shape by Dunbar but it was a bedside water jar with a tumbler cover. I cant get the pic small enough to post it. Thank you for the help

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    judy likes this.
  6. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

7. gauntlettgems

It’s on Worthpoint. It reads depression Dunbar bedside tumble up Vaseline glass @wiscbirddog

judy likes this.
  8. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

gauntlettgems likes this.
  9. gauntlettgems

Draft saved Draft deleted