Featured Dutch/German bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Geofossil, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's a wonderful area - and you can have cream teas!

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Ohhh. That sounds so good.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  3. Geofossil

Geofossil New Member

Thank you to all the helpful responses. It’s great to have some direction.

Re fossils comments. I have done research at Joggins in Nova Scotia. I lived in Colchester County a couple of years and mostly Did ‘stuff’ along the Bay of Fundy. Re Jurassic Coast In the UK. If this means Lyme Regis area,I have an extensive collection from the area...many hours scouring the cliffs especially after storms. It was an odd place to collect as most of my years have been spent in very remote areas several hundred kilometres from any human settlement let alone being able to partake of cream teas.

Although fossils are more biology and science, there is an antique connection in that many were collected and displayed as oddities in Victorian times.

I’ll put a few photos of my mini museum in an introductory post. I’m always happy to answer any fossil or related questions if permitted by the site.

4. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

We have tons of fossils where I'm at because a glacier grooved us at some point. Lol I know nothing about it but I do know that we have found trilobite in rocks just walking. Anyway your bowl is beautiful but I love the story!

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Great. I can’t wait to see your mini museum. Segues are one of the more popular activities on this site. Fossils occasionally are discussed here.

Draft saved Draft deleted