EAPG serving bowl and cracker jar?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Oct 6, 2018.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

This is a floral pattern serving bowl about 9" in diameter. The second piece is possibly a cracker jar (?). It's about 7" diameter and about 7" tall.

resizedaDSC01053_(1).jpg resizedDSC01049_(1).jpg resized imageDSC01051_(1).jpg

i need help and judy like this.
  2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Your bowl was produced by Indiana Glass, the pattern is Narcissus Spray #162. It was produced from around 1917 until approx 1928 or so.

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

other piece looks to be Dalzell, Gilmore & Leighton #17 Six Panel Fine Cut c1890

4. EAPG

EAPG New Member

Tallcakes ~ Not Six Panel Fine Cut.

5. Steven S.

I compared it with other pieces and it doesn't match up. Do I need a better picture? Also what is it? It's a weird piece with the depth of the lid. It seems too large for butter. Cheese dish?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  6. EAPG

EAPG New Member

What's the o.d. and height of the base?

7. Steven S.

It's 7" diameter. The base is "footed". The base inside is about 2" deep and the lid is about 1.75" deep. 7" tall base to finial.

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

better photos wouldn't hurt; clearly focused straight on shots (no angles) and try to minimize reflections by not using flash… the base design in the bottom matches Six Panel, as does the bars and fine cut motif; what I didn't see at first was what may be a button or hex in with the fine cut cause the photo in out of focus at an odd angle. perhaps another Dalzell pattern...

UncleChuckTX and judy like this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi EAPG,
    Welcome back!!! I was worried about you.
    greg

judy likes this.
  10. EAPG

EAPG New Member

11. EAPG

EAPG New Member

SIX PANEL FINECUT  SPOON BASE SO LABELED.jpg DM.jpg DM.jpg DM.jpg Don ~ The motif in Six Panel Fine Cut is Fine Cut, the piece shown has a coarse hobstar. SIX PANEL FINECUT  SPOON BASE SO LABELED.jpg SIX PANEL FINECUT  SPOON BASE SO LABELED.jpg

judy likes this.
  12. EAPG

EAPG New Member

I don't see any indication as to how to delete the extras.

13. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

How about Bellaire Goblet's Stars and Bars! P 51, Jim Measell's Findlay Glass

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  14. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

15. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Each photo should have a delete box to the right of it.

16. EAPG

EAPG New Member

Right, Tom.

17. EAPG

EAPG New Member

There's nothing beside the pictures, clicking on them does nothing. I tried EDIT, and removing the text, that doesn't do anything.

i need help likes this.
  18. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

C7998B1B-5FE0-46BC-A64B-61449F47FC58.png
    In EDIT, your photos should look like this, go to more options in edit.

Draft saved Draft deleted