Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Ephemera and Photographs
>
Earliest Born Person Ever Photographed
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Figtree3, post: 383457, member: 33"]I agree with you about Hannah Stilley. (I'm the one who brought the link to your post here.) And I like your posts. And brought the link here because it does discuss evidence, and also assesses it.</p><p><br /></p><p>Unfortunately, once something goes to the Internet and becomes sort of a meme it seems almost impossible to eradicate. I don't know whether you belong to any of the photo collector groups on Facebook? A lot of the members are knowledgeable, serious collectors who often try to debunk some myths about antique photos that are propagated through the Web. But there are also people joining these groups who just want to stick with unsubstantiated claims that they have heard. It's frustrating.</p><p><br /></p><p>I also do a lot of genealogical research (mostly for my own ancestry but also some others). This frequently happens among researchers in family history. There are a lot of assertions with no discussion of sources. And people copy other people...[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Figtree3, post: 383457, member: 33"]I agree with you about Hannah Stilley. (I'm the one who brought the link to your post here.) And I like your posts. And brought the link here because it does discuss evidence, and also assesses it. Unfortunately, once something goes to the Internet and becomes sort of a meme it seems almost impossible to eradicate. I don't know whether you belong to any of the photo collector groups on Facebook? A lot of the members are knowledgeable, serious collectors who often try to debunk some myths about antique photos that are propagated through the Web. But there are also people joining these groups who just want to stick with unsubstantiated claims that they have heard. It's frustrating. I also do a lot of genealogical research (mostly for my own ancestry but also some others). This frequently happens among researchers in family history. There are a lot of assertions with no discussion of sources. And people copy other people...[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Ephemera and Photographs
>
Earliest Born Person Ever Photographed
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...