Featured Early 20th Century Lamp ID

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Sep 8, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Anyone know the maker on this one? My photo of the patent info was blurry. Didn’t realize until too late. I didn’t notice any makers marks on base or otherwise. Only had one or two mins to give a quick once over. Not my thing but I’m interested in it. Looks like many of these harp form table lamps are made by Tiffany but I don’t imagine this one is. 95C959AF-EC22-4EB3-8940-C36805ECDC2D.jpeg FB106040-96A4-4C7F-9E08-7BEFBCE7BD21.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    cxgirl, lovewrens, Bakersgma and 4 others like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Nice lamp. Handel made some but don't really think it is theirs either. Maybe European?

Bronwen, Lucille.b, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  3. J Dagger

European in design maybe but fairly certain it was U.S. patent information. Unless it could somehow be European manufactured but using U.S. patents. No idea how or if that is a thing.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. J Dagger

Btw I think the patent date was 07’ or 08’. If that’s helpful to anyone that may see this.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Beautiful slag glass lamp. 1908 or slightly later makes sense. Not Tiffany, but high quality for sure. Difficult to know the manufacturer without a label or comparable online, but ultimately it's the quality of the lamp that matters. I've never seen one quite like it. NICE!

6. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Look for the marking that is stamped on the inner metal rim.

Bronwen and J Dagger like this.
  8. J Dagger

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  9. J Dagger

If I get another chance at it I will. I legit had like one minute. They literally turned the lights off in the room on me! Good time to be holding a lamp but it wasn’t plugged in. I had to ask them to turn the lights back on to take the photo. I only had a chance to peak at the bottom. Normally I’d have given it a better look.

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  10. komokwa

all this talk about Tiffany.......... that's where they mark their shades !
    So, it's always a good place to check.......even for fake marks.....or others !!;)

It's what comes from hanging out here..... ya learn stuff !!!:happy::happy::happy:

Bronwen, Potteryplease and J Dagger like this.
  11. J Dagger

This is the style of mark I had on the last B&H lamp I had. 8E269CB7-06C8-4ADB-9FA3-E9391AF76882.jpeg

Bronwen likes this.
  12. komokwa

I was taking about the shade........

J Dagger likes this.
  13. komokwa

but that's a nice mark as well......:happy:

J Dagger likes this.
  14. J Dagger

Good to know. I’ve only had a couple LCT pieces. No lamps though, nor have I handled one. I nearly bought a stack of mini Tiffany & Co. sterling lamp shades once but no LCT lampy wares.

komokwa likes this.
  15. J Dagger

Yeh I realized that on your follow up post :)

komokwa likes this.
  16. 916Bulldogs123

I just did a Google image search of your first pic.
    Mikey

17. J Dagger

Huh. You must have a better eye than me. I did the same and didn’t notice this one.

Actually, I just did the search again and again I don’t have this result. Strange!

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  18. 916Bulldogs123

When I did the search there is a bar on the top you can type additional information related to the picture. I went with Bradley and Hubbard and this one came up.
    Mikey

J Dagger likes this.
  19. J Dagger

Yeh I was just telling my friend about this bar. It helps narrow searches down for sure. So you just guessed the names of lamp makers of this era and struck it lucky with B&H?

I actually went back and ended up with the lamp today. I actually still haven’t found a mark on it.

20. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Lots of Bradley and Hubbard was not marked.

Draft saved Draft deleted