Featured Ebert’s Furniture, Red Lion, Pa China closet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by i need help, Jul 19, 2021.

1. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

FD8F58ED-1247-4239-8D3E-8AA34ADC53B8.jpeg Starting this thread for @Ellamanda

This is a cabinet with full straight on access when doors are open. 15 inches deep, 34.5 wide, 61.5 tall. No curved glass and in great condition. I am downsizing and want to know how much I could sell this for. It was my grandmother’s, so I never paid for it. Has anyone ever seen one like this?

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

3. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact I’ve seen one a lot like it, and it was part of a family estate. It was also passed on to the next generation and not sold.
    So from your single photo I’d say it’s oak ca.1900. I take it that the sides of the cabinet are glass? In my part of the Midwestern US I’d sat $300-$400 at auction. Cool and unusual cabinet; too bad there’s a brown furniture depression!

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I like that. Wish I lived closer.

5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

6. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

How about the mid-century blonde furniture? Is that still in demand?

7. Ellamanda

Ellamanda New Member

thank you for your thoughts on this, it was just the information that I was hoping for. The sides are also glass, and I’m going to attempt to post a few more pictures showing more detail. But, very little detail and the straight lines are what makes this cabinet attractive and useful. I may just keep it and use it for clothing or blankets. 6F016FFD-BC07-4B3B-B5B1-6D2B435ABB55.jpeg F7B03B03-7B88-487A-9863-D5AA4DE4EFCD.jpeg 9573BB1D-CD4C-4B81-A682-BDDEDA9E8687.jpeg

LauraGarnet02 and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. Ellamanda

Ellamanda New Member

Thank you for posting this for me. I need some practice.

Draft saved Draft deleted