Eggplant vase -- unknown pottery mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MaddieB, Jan 19, 2024.

1. MaddieB

MaddieB New Member

eggplant_3.jpg eggplant_1.jpg eggplant_2.jpg Hi everyone,

I recently bought this eggplant vase at a thrift shop in Los Angeles, CA, and I'm hoping for some help learning more about it, especially the pottery mark. The vase is about 8 inches tall, and was labeled as Majolica and Arts and Crafts. There is an incised or impressed pottery mark on the bottom that looks like a globe, but it is unclear if there is anything like a name in the middle of the globe as with some Minton(s) marks. There are also some numbers, which I think are 286. There is a similar vase already online, but unmarked and with no additional information. Any help identifying the mark / vase would be vastly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2024
    Bronwen likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Could be Globe Pottery of Ohio?

Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

there are a bunch of eggplant vases if googled. many different shapes and sizes but all similar.

4. MaddieB

MaddieB New Member

Thank you! I'll take a look at them

5. MaddieB

MaddieB New Member

Thank you! There are lots of eggplant vases across time, but I only saw one that looked like a close match to mine in terms of style / glaze, and it was unmarked on the base. Really, I'm curious about the mark -- I've been looking for globe marks, but most have the company's name through the middle of it, and I don't see that in this mark

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted