Featured Elvis Presley 1958

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Vintage Maven, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Another one from my vintage stax of wax. I’ve been on a music kick lately!

This is a 1958 RCA Records U.S. first pressing of Elvis’ Golden Records.
    The reason why this is a significant record to vintage vinyl collectors is that it is considered the first “greatest hits” LP in Rock n’ Roll.

4B3509E2-253D-415D-A3D2-B90247FA82B5.jpeg BB320311-F801-4DCC-9A75-EC1EB018FECA.jpeg 8747D051-6487-4D49-A2CB-61FD8F08B7F8.jpeg 4428D657-A4A6-4F48-8A2D-0B3B9F497827.jpeg

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

ELVISSsss !!!! ... OMG

You aint nothin butta hound dog ..
    trackin all the time .You aint nevva caught a rabbit
    And you aint no friend of mine ... :):)

pearlsnblume and Vintage Maven like this.
  3. Vintage Maven

@Christmasjoy Here’s another one from the Elvis section of my vintage collection, I love this song, 1959!
    03F57F4D-2A74-4F91-9C07-DECF86199AB6.jpeg

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Christmasjoy

He IS a Big Hunka Love !!! .. OOOOH EL !!!! .. Joy.

5. Vintage Maven

A dreamboat!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Christmasjoy

A Heart Thob with a great sexy voice .. my father called him a "cream puff" but would sit in his big smelly armchair listening to him sing his Gospel songs, my father was a brute by the way. Elvis HAD IT ALL!!! but then destroyed himself with drugs, I was devastated :( ... Joy.

7. Vintage Maven

He certainly was a “game changer” in music when Sam Phillips first recorded him. Elvis is definitely a once in a lifetime! I’m glad the music at least will always be there.

8. Christmasjoy

What was so wonderful is that he could sing the jive songs of the day AND the soulful gospel songs as well, I also liked "In The Ghetto" very much .. and of course '' Love me Tender'' .. Joy. :)

9. Vintage Maven

Many people I talk to refer to In The Ghetto, it is a fabulous story-telling song, beautiful.

I love his version of Peace In The Valley he did with The Jordanaires, a brilliant piece of music, it flows so nicely, I get lost in his version many moments.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. Christmasjoy

I love that one too .. Wonderful in EVERY way, all of them !!! Joy. He died far too young ... :(

11. Christmasjoy

He had BEAUTIFUL EYES ...

12. Christmasjoy

But that VOICE, Elvis and Buddy Holly were my two favourites back then ... still are actually. .. Joy :):)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. Vintage Maven

@Christmasjoy A couple more from my vintage collection for you to see.

Elvis Presley Love Me Tender 1956
    Buddy Holly/The Crickets 1958 (This was the last 45 released while Buddy was still in the band & just months before he died).
    B6403DE3-2477-483B-A0D9-CD2E3487EABB.jpeg F8897A9C-6F08-45BD-915A-9B026426C908.jpeg

14. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I heard the song "A little less conversation" on an episode of Everyone Loves Raymond and that was the first I heard of it. It was fantastic.

He certainly had a one of kind voice.

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  15. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

16. Bookahtoo

I've never seen that movie. The dancers are the 2nd best thing in that scene!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  17. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

My best friend's mother was a professional dancer. I've forgotten which movie, but she did dance with Elvis in one.

18. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Call me strange, but Elvis was never one of my faves, although he had a couple of songs I liked!!

Hey, Bookah, since every time I see your avatar, I'm looking at dreamboat Cary Grant, if you read, have you read "Dear Cary", by ex #4 Dyan Cannon???? Awesome story about their life together!!!!! I just happened to want to read something different and grabbed that from Amazon.....SUCH a good book!!!!!!!!!! What a H-U-N-K he was!!!!! But what a stilted upbringing he had.....probably big reason for 4 divorces......ah well, such is life!!!!

19. Bookahtoo

I haven't read that Aquitaine - I should. I've read lots and lots about him, and Dyan is just barely mentioned.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  20. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think she's the ONLY one of his wives that ever had a child with him....a daughter, and SHE had a son with that SAME cleft!! Pictures in the end of the book!!! It was $11.49 digital on Amazon (a price I NEVER PAY!!!!)....this one.....

ZZZZZZZZDear Cary.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted