Empire Revival Footstool

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by joe blowski, Oct 7, 2026 at 8:32 PM.

  1. joe blowski

    joe blowski Active Member

    Hey, caught this piece from an auction for a few bucks and would like to get your opinions on age and if it's a country or city build. Looks like pine primary wood and the pieces dove tailed together (dovetails visible through the veneer). The veneer is thin but I don't know if that's an indication of age or that it had to bend to the ogee shape.

    I'd also like your opinion about the nail I pulled, it looks like a 'type b' machine made shank and head?

    I've also included a couple of pictures of the skirt underside where the saw marks are pretty parallel which indicates to me it was made with a scroll saw perhaps?

    As always, thanks for taking the time to look!


    ccIMG_2663.jpeg
    primary wood ccIMG_2665.jpeg
    thin veneer

    cccIMG_2656.jpeg

    parallel grooves
    ccIMG_2670.jpeg ccIMG_2671.jpeg nail head
    ccIMG_2673.jpeg ccIMG_2672.jpeg
     
    wlwhittier and komokwa like this.
  2. verybrad

    verybrad Well-Known Member

    Think a period piece from a city shop. Mid-19th century.
     
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Empire Revival
Forum Title Date
Furniture Empire lowboy chest of drawers Nov 9, 2024
Furniture American Empire Flame Mahogany Chest? May 26, 2024
Furniture Help me ID and date what I believe to be an Empire dresser Sep 3, 2023
Furniture Empire Sideboard Jul 26, 2023
Furniture Empire or Chippendale Jan 12, 2022

Share This Page