Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Furniture
>
Empire Revival Footstool
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="joe blowski, post: 13200226, member: 17814"]Hey, caught this piece from an auction for a few bucks and would like to get your opinions on age and if it's a country or city build. Looks like pine primary wood and the pieces dove tailed together (dovetails visible through the veneer). The veneer is thin but I don't know if that's an indication of age or that it had to bend to the ogee shape.</p><p><br /></p><p>I'd also like your opinion about the nail I pulled, it looks like a 'type b' machine made shank and head?</p><p><br /></p><p>I've also included a couple of pictures of the skirt underside where the saw marks are pretty parallel which indicates to me it was made with a scroll saw perhaps?</p><p><br /></p><p>As always, thanks for taking the time to look!</p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]561058[/ATTACH] </p><p>primary wood[ATTACH=full]561059[/ATTACH] </p><p>thin veneer</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]561060[/ATTACH]</p><p><br /></p><p>parallel grooves</p><p>[ATTACH=full]561061[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561062[/ATTACH] nail head</p><p>[ATTACH=full]561063[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561064[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="joe blowski, post: 13200226, member: 17814"]Hey, caught this piece from an auction for a few bucks and would like to get your opinions on age and if it's a country or city build. Looks like pine primary wood and the pieces dove tailed together (dovetails visible through the veneer). The veneer is thin but I don't know if that's an indication of age or that it had to bend to the ogee shape. I'd also like your opinion about the nail I pulled, it looks like a 'type b' machine made shank and head? I've also included a couple of pictures of the skirt underside where the saw marks are pretty parallel which indicates to me it was made with a scroll saw perhaps? As always, thanks for taking the time to look! [ATTACH=full]561058[/ATTACH] primary wood[ATTACH=full]561059[/ATTACH] thin veneer [ATTACH=full]561060[/ATTACH] parallel grooves [ATTACH=full]561061[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561062[/ATTACH] nail head [ATTACH=full]561063[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561064[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Furniture
>
Empire Revival Footstool
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...