Featured English bone china cup & saucer - I need help with the possible maker & WP info please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Aug 21, 2023.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I know this cup & saucer is not old but I thought the design was interesting & both pieces were in excellent condition so for 79 cents how could you go wrong?:p:happy:

According to the bottoms, the design was "inspired from the Pugin wallpaper in the Chess Room of the House of Commons".

I found this listing on WP & was hoping @Kronos would help me out with the when & sold price. :happy::happy::kiss:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/house-commons-bone-china-cup-saucers-475171167

I think I figured out the marks on the bottoms but please correct me if I am wrong. The "Portcullis" mark is used to signify the House of Commons. So I am assuming these pieces were made to be sold possibly in their gift shops. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

"£24.99 ($40.18 at time of sale)" in 2013.

3. bercrystal

Thank you so much!! :happy::happy::kiss:

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I agree that this is likely. :)

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

More than likely

https://www.shop.parliament.uk/

There is a house of lords shop as well, but the staff are asleep half the time and clock off 5 minutes into a shift.

kentworld, bluumz, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  6. bercrystal

:hilarious::hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted