English Porcelain Cup and Saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Sep 12, 2019.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

I have 2 of these, no makers mark but each cup and saucer have a matching number/letter. Any idea on maker?

cs1.JPG cs2.JPG cs3.JPG cs4.JPG

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Are you sure the cups and saucers are English? The paste looks awfully white for bone china, looks more like hardpaste and the decoration isn't what I'd expect to see in an English production - they look more like continental pieces to me - but I've been wrong before, so take that with a large pinch, OK? ;)

popsycat and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. kraftblue

I assumed english, the handle looks english. You can see your hand shadow thru the porcelain.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I agree, the handle does look English and the Gothic revival style puts it in the third quarter of the 19thc - still, the paste is very white and highly translucent ...bone china isn't quite as stark white as that, but it could be the photos too. Nice pair though!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    kentworld and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

My impression, too, is not English. Other than that I've nothing to offer, sorry, as I only collect English pieces. Very pretty!

popsycat and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. kraftblue

Thanks Blooey and Bluumz.

blooey and bluumz like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not one of ours, imo. German or Austrian, probably.

dgbjwc likes this.
  8. kraftblue

Thanks Owned!

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted