Featured Enormous White Horse Whisky chalk ware white horse that's green !!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Yep. Somebody decided white didn't fit the decor and went for a very dark green with fine gold flecked undertones on the lower half. Not too shabby a paint job but I might have gone for a black beauty stile personally. It's big at 62cm (24.4") high, 79cm (31.1") wide, weighs 6.4Kg (14lbs) and towers over all the other White Horse Whisky display horses I can find online. It is so big I could barely fit it in my state of the art photo studio.:woot: In fact this is probably the best sculptured one out there as the anatomy on it is very well done compared to them. The front has the "White Horse Whisky" logo still just visible under the paint and I'm thinking it may have been either a protruding chalk ware logo that was ground down by the painter or a painted logo painted over. Everything is hollow chalk ware except the base and I'm amazed the legs can hold it up and as far as I can tell have not been snapped off at anytime. Alas it does have some damage with a large gouge on the right side (display rear) as well as an amount of chipping here and there. I could strip it down and restore it but I think I'll pass it on. Just can't stop buying these fragile and hard to ship figurines.:banghead:
    There are no makers marks that I can see but they could be hidden under the paint. Do any of our Scottish, English or Irish whisky drinkers have any idea of a date for this??
    Cheers
    Stephen

1s.jpg 2s.jpg 3s.jpg 5s.jpg 6s.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

anyone into horses would like this......:happy:

pearlsnblume, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Miscstuff

Yep. That's exactly why I bought it. Plan B is to sell it to a die hard white horse collector once they finished crying about the paint job.:D

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Don't know about the whiskey, but I agree with Komo. There is a big market for horse items for decoration.

5. Miscstuff

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted