Erté Serigraph 1982 Adam and Eve?

Discussion in 'Art' started by jakes vintage, Aug 21, 2014.

1. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Lookk for uneveness of density, splatter and crossover.

2. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

I
    Will do! I have an app on the phone that magnifies and takes pics too I'll post them so all can see but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed I really think it's printed

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Sometimes people will take a cheap photolitho and add a final silkscreened color. Then they sell it as an original silkscreen print.

4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

This appears to be the sort post postcard that a gallery sends out to announce an opening of a retrospective, opening, or sale.

5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I was thinking that, too. Or that the gallery makes it available in a rack for people to pick up... same purpose as a business card, 'cept the recipient is less likely to throw it away. ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. Mansons2005

Yep - I must have a dozen or so laying about somewhere - from back in the day when "An Opening" was a must attend in New York............. more for the free mediocre wine and the people watching than for the "Art"..........................

7. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

Looks like it's just printed...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Oh, that's a shame.

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I still think it has a better than most decorative value. Im the cheapest of cheap,and I know if I stumbled across that Id cough up $100 for it easy ! Then again,Im an 80s survivor when this stuff was all the rage. :)

10. Mansons2005

By the way - I was in no way implying that this postcard was "just a postcard". Galleries spend for quality and merit when it comes to this sort of advertising. And I neglected to say that if I had the good fortune to have acquired this card I too would have had it framed!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted